Saturday 13 November 2010

November 2010 - November Pain

  Our last month: A sea of sore throats and runny bottoms, occasionally punctuated by recording sessions for the upcoming EP, which in themselves were punctuated by frequent trips to the bog. A HUGE round of applause should go to Alex who not only had “the actual shits” while tracking our first lot of drums, but also did so at 4 in the morning under about 6 layers of clothing. And sounded awesome! Just imagine how good he would be at a more respectable hour, and without the constant threat of his sphincter breaching! Come to a gig to find out. It is at this point in the blog that I have realised that, thus far, I have made nothing but poop jokes. Apologies. The transition out of my account of recent events, and on to bigger and brighter things, also marks this blogs (welcome) move away from fecal humor…DOO DOO!


The near Arctic conditions and unstable bowel weren't about to stop Alex. Thankfully this picture doesn't show the Pampers.

   We’re all better now (with the exception of one of our studio engineers/co-habitants, Caesar, who still claims to be “not shitting right”… “more poo jokes?” you ask? Well this one’s in parenthesis so it doesn’t count!) and are now approximately 84.62% through recording the EP. Drums: tick, Bass: tick. All that remains are two songs of guitar, and the same of vocals. A week on Monday marks the end of tracking. Huzzah! (eurgh…).





 And, again, I know what you’re thinking: “Diarrhea cannot be the only event of note in a months worth of tracking” (that one doesn’t count either as YOU said it…see…speech marks!) and you’re right. Besides…THAT…there has been much frivolity (not that I’m saying that there is anything frivolous about defecation…ahh you got me!), but in order to avoid any of our intrinsically hilarious anecdotes ending in a “…guess you had to be there…” type scenario, I’ll leave it to the video diary (yes a BAND doing a VIDEO DIARY! Breaking-the-mould-five…) to tell them. Things to look out for though: gang vocal fun, food in the mixing desk, bumblebee-tuner and Dan’s “mistake noises” …it’s MEGA LOLZ.






   Yes recording has been fun, but by no means has it been the sole occupation of the bands time. We had our first, what you might term, “proper” gig on Monday the 8th supporting the wonderfully noisy James Cleaver Quintet who played an awesome set and are a really sound bunch guys. What's more, we even got paid and everything! I know right! But seriously, thank you so much to all the people that came to see us, we really hope you all enjoyed it and would to see you at our gigs again!








 The gigs’ success even earned us a Manchester date. I guess this “Making It” business really is as easy as ROCK BAND tells us. I wonder if The Ruby Lounge will offer us the opportunity to double our fans if we get 5 stars in all of our songs; with that many fans we might unlock Birmingham or Leeds! Still, won’t stop us from needing “Star Power” to stop the drummer from failing. Joke! 



TIT ROCK BAND - Coming Soon...someday...

   What was I talking about?


Oh that’s right! We’re playing Manchester’s Ruby Lounge on the 25th November (supporting the fantastic To The Bones) and it would be great to see anyone from the area turn up! If you do miss it however you won’t have to wait long to see us again; we are playing a live web stream for something called “The Tube” the very next day (we’ll tweet/post link for that closer to the time so stay tuned). Finally (for now) we have a gig at Liverpool’s The Picket on the 4th December (with Muto Leo).


 So that’s you all updated. And since I sense this blog succumbing ever more to what I call “the-primary-school-holiday-report” effect, (e.g. In my summer we went to France and it was really nice and we went to the beach and it was really sunny and my mum bought me an ice cream and then I found a crab and I called it Henry and I ate croissants and daddy fell over in the sea and then I woke up and it was all a dream), I think I will call it a day there. See you around!


TAPE THOSE EYES BACK


Dan


TIT x  

No comments:

Post a Comment